How to play
How to play Blackjack
Learn how to play Blackjack like a pro. We guide you through the history of Blackjack and provide you with Card Rules and expert strategies.
It is a card game between a dealer and a number of players. Each player competes against the dealer itself, and not against each other. It is one of the most famous casino games in the world. The main purpose of the game is to beat the dealer; this is done by getting a total of 21 on the first 2 cards drawn by the player. Another way to beat the dealer is to reach a score that is greater than the score of the dealer but not more than 21.
Learn how to play Blackjack
Online blackjack was introduced in the mid 1990s with the arrival of online casinos. In 2008, out of a total of $21 billion dollars, most of it was bet on online blackjack.
Online blackjack has a lot of advantages; some of which are:
- Highly accessible (even on mobile phones and tablets)
- Access to a wide range of tutorials which help in learning the game
- Live dealers
- Wide range of incentives and promotions available for the users
- More organized
Although it has a lot of advantages, it certainly has a few disadvantages as well. Some of the disadvantages of online blackjack are as follows:
- Counting is not possible
- You cannot take note of the body language of the dealer; it is all virtual
History of blackjack
There have been disagreements regarding the origination of blackjack, however most researchers believe and agree that it commenced in the early 1700 in French casinos. It was called Vingt-et-un which means twenty one in English. Another version which circulated in Spain was called ‘One and Thirty’. The rule here was to reach the number 31 with at least three cards. However the concept of vingt-et-un (twenty one) began to grow popularity and reached North America by French colonists. In 1931, the state of Nevada legalized gambling and Las Vegas was eventually created. This is when blackjack also became legal. In 1940s and 1950s, books on card counting and blackjack started publishing.
Here are the rules of the game:
- the standard pack of 52 cards is used to play blackjack
- it can be played with one to eight decks
- The participant deals to beat the dealer by getting a score as close as 21 but not over 21.
- the dealers shuffles the cards until they are all combined
- If a players first two cards are an ace and a 10, his total would be 21; this is a blackjack.
- If the total of the dealer is less than 21, he will have to give the player 1.5 times the amount of the bet.
- If the dealer’s has a blackjack, he will collect 1.5 times the amount of the bet from the players.
- The player at the left first and decide whether he wants to ‘stand’ or ‘hit’. Stand means not asking for more cards whereas hit means ask for another card to get closer to 21.
- After the players, the dealer will draw the hole card. If the dealer has a number less than 16, he will draw another card.
- If the dealers total is more than 17 but less than 21, he stands.
- If the dealer scores more than 21, then any player who has a total closest to but less than 21 will win.
- Two of the most achievable ways to beat the dealer are to play with ideal strategy while bonuses, premiums or comps are in place that makes up for the unavoidable losses or failures, or to count cards. Counting cards is impossible at online blackjack games, but it is practically possible at live tables which use the video of a real dealer.
To become a skilful player, it is really important to learn the basic strategy of the game. In order to make the most of this strategy, it is important we follow the following rules:
- Start with one chart at a time and memorize it
- The chart you start with is different than the chart you end with
- Knowing when to surrender
- Knowing when to split
- Knowing when to double
- Deciding if you should hit or stand
This would be a lot of information to memorize, hence the blackjack strategy cards simplify the play and are often referred to as ‘cheat sheets’. One advantage of playing blackjack online is that you can always have the chance of using the cheat cards. In casinos, sometimes these cards are forbidden to use.
The following factors can change the strategy:
- Total number of decks being used
- Whether there are any limitations or restrictions on when the player may split or double
- If a player is allowed to surrender
- Whether the dealer hits or stands if a 17 is thrown
- After the basic strategy are the composition dependent strategy and the card counting strategy. These strategies are more complex than the basic strategy.
Maria Ho Poker
With over $2.9 million USD in poker live tournament earnings and ranked as one of the top female poker players in the world, Maria Ho poker journey is worth exploring.
Richest Poker Players
In this poker article, we will take a cursory look at the list of the richest poker players and their exact net worth.
Scotty Nguyen Net Worth
Popularly referred to as the ‘Prince of Poker’, Scotty Nguyen is one of the all-times most successful professional poker players in the world.
Dan Bilzerian Net Worth
Dan Bilzerian is a professional poker player, a playboy, an Instagram celebrity, and a host of other things to many people.
Jennifer Tilly net worth
Jennifer Tilly is an American-Canadian voice actress, actress, and professional poker player. She is multi-talented and has won various awards as an actress and as a poker player.
Chris Ferguson Net Worth
Chris is one of the few poker players who have experienced the roller coaster of poker career and live to tell the tale. There are lots of things to learn from the career of Chris, especially for upcoming poker players.
Phil Laak net worth
Phil Laak is a renowned figure in the world of poker games. He has been involved in some very high stake games and has made a fortune for himself.
How to play
Tips to Win at Slot Machines
When it comes to gambling, slot machines are one of the simplest. Many people love to play slots because of the inviting nature of the games with lights and sounds and because some believe that you can win easily at slots.
Doyle Brunson Net Worth
Brunson is one of the living legends in the world of poker and his earnings are a clear indication of what he has achieved in the industry.
Doug Polk Net Worth
Are you interested in knowing Doug Polk's net worth? How big is he in the poker world? Read about Doug Polk, his best games, best wins, and net worth.
Tom Dwan Net Worth
Popularly known as ‘Durrrr’, Tom Dwan is one of the top poker players in the history of the game. Read an in-depth portrait of Tom Dwan right here.
Patrik Antonius Net Worth
Known as one of the trendiest young poker players, Patrik Antonius has taken the world of poker by storm. Not only because of his skills in poker games but also because of is exceptional personality.
Fedor Holz Net Worth
Would you like to know all about Fedor Holz's poker gaming exploits, biggest winnings and losses, net worth, and of course his private life?
World Series of Poker
Are you interested in learning more World Series of Poker? Read all about WSOP's history, highlights, hall of fame and WSOP winners.
How to play
Blackjack Cheat Sheet
How to use Blackjack Cheat Sheet: Blackjack Tips for Playing like a Pro?
How to play
Poker Strategy for beginners
Mastering the basics of poker lays a solid foundation that you can begin to build on to get better and better.
How to play
Video poker strategy
Do you want to increase your chances of winning big at a video poker game? Then you need to read this!
New casino sites
Are you considering exploring some new casino sites? Read all about the latest casino sites and the amazing winning opportunities they have to offer.
Antonio Esfandiari Net Worth
Who is Antonio Esfandiari? Read all about the life, games, net worth, and poker escapades of this renowned poker player.
Liv Boeree Net Worth
Liv Boeree is the Queen of Poker. So who is she? How has she faired in a world dominated by men? Read all about Liv Boeree here.
Phil Hellmuth net worth
Who is the Poker Brat? None other than the controversial Phil Hellmuth! Read about the life, gaming escapades, and net worth of Hellmuth here.
A woman ruling in a man’s world; that is Vanessa Rousso! What games did she have her biggest winning? Had Rousso ever had a huge loss? Read all about her here
Gus Hansen net worth
Can you talk about Poker gurus without mentioning Gus Hansen? We are not sure. How did Hansen start in the poker world? What is his net worth? Read all about him here.
How to play
If you are not conversant with poker slangs, you might get lost even before you begin. Learn the different slangs of poker here and start speaking like a poker pro
How to play
You can significantly increase your potentials at a poker game with one or two strategies. Learn all about poker strategy and become a guru.
What are gambling laws? Are they applicable to my country of residence? Learn about gambling laws and how they affect you as a player in your country.
Does casino licensing have anything to do with the integrity and reputation of a casino site? Learn all about casino licensing and their importance to a casino’s reputation.
Casino has come a long way. Learn about the history and growth of casino, types of casino platforms, and factors that have contributed to the growth of Casino in the world.
Is there anything like gambling tax-free? Learn all about the tax law and regulation, how it affects gambling and how to take advantage of it.
How to play
What are poker facts? Learn more about poker facts and how to apply them in order to become a better poker player.
What does responsible gambling means? Is it possible to be a responsible gambler? Learn all about responsible gambling and how to become a responsible gambler here.
Who is Jason Mercier? How did he make a name for himself in the world of poker? Learn about Mercier, his gaming escapades, and net worth.
Phil Ivey net worth
How big is Phil Ivey in the poker world? What is his net worth? Read about Phil Ivey, his best games, best wins, and net worth.
Daniel Negreanu net worth
Who is the legend, Daniel Negreanu? Learn all about Negreanu’s childhood, education, poker games exploits, biggest wins, and net worth.
How to play
How to play Poker
Learn how to play poker, expert strategies, card rules, and how to make the biggest win at a game of poker.