How to play
How to play Roulette
Learn how to play Roulette like a pro. We guide you through the history of Roulette and provide you with Card Rules and Expert strategies. It is one of the most famous casino games. It is most popular amongst women and is a comparatively easier casino game. As it is easier to play than other casino games, it has a greater house edge. The word roulette is basically a French term which means little wheel. In roulette, players choose to place a bet on different numbers as well as colours. In order to determine the winning number, the dealer rotates the wheel and then the ball is spun in the opposite direction. When the ball eventually losses its force, it falls on one of the 37 or 38 coloured brackets on the wheel. It is considered to be a game of luck; however following are the few more advanced features of the game:
- Wheel tracking
- Ball steering
- Betting system
HistoryThere are disagreements between researchers regarding the origin and first invention of roulette. While some believe that a French scientist, Blaise Pascal is the founder of the game, other researchers are of the view that it is adapted by an old and classic Chinese board game. However the most popular theory and belief is that it is invented by the French scientist Blaise Pascal in the year 1655. The game is inspired by two ancient European games named as ‘roly poly’ and ‘even-odd’. Both these games mainly involved betting associated with rotation of a wheel. During that time, gambling was illegal in most parts of Europe. Later in the 18th century, new laws were passed which revived wagering games mainly in France and then throughout Europe. Soon after becoming popular in Europe, it was introduced in United States. However in the United States, things didn’t go as expected; players got disinterested at low earnings and eventually got bored of the game. Although the single zero roulette was rejected in America but the double zero version got popular there.
Card RulesA roulette wheel has a spinning plate and has divisions around its edge which are numbered from 1 to 36 in an irregular pattern in alternate red and black coloured divisions. People place bets on which number will come when the wheel is rotated; the bet can be on a single number and on the colour as well. One of the most famous strategies to win roulette is known as martingale system. In this you have to double the amount you initially bet if you lose the first bet. For example if you placed a bet of $5 and you lost it then in the next bet you should play on $10 (double the amount initially betted). Now if you win you will also win back the amount you initially lost. However there are a few limitations to this system as all casinos have a limit of bets you can place. There is always a possibility that you lose all your bets hence going home with no money. European roulette rules are slightly different than the American roulette rules. Let us look at the European rules first.
En Prison ruleThis rule is applied to even number bets only. If a zero comes, the player can either leave the bet or he can take one half of the bet and leave the other half.
La partage ruleIn this the player has no option if a zero comes up; he will lose the bet. In North America, the roulette wheel have twin zeroes. The player loses a bet if either of the two zero shows up. Hence the game is less popular in America.
Roulette is extremely popular on the internet now. There are a number of online sites to play roulette. Online roulette has made it convenient to play today. Online roulette sites provide its users with a variety of options including roulette tables with live dealers. Moreover it also provides with a wide range of bonus offers as well as promotional offers.
Online roulette has the following other advantages:
- You can play at your comfort at any time you want
- You can choose your stakes
- You can play at more than one casinos simultaneously
- You don’t have to wait for a table
- Comp points can be easily tracked
- Although online roulette has a lot of advantages, it does have a few disadvantages as well. Here are the disadvantages:
- There is little or no social interaction
- There might be out of service or system down prompts especially during peak hours
- Different types of software and technicalities associated with them
- Psychological tricks and risks associated with it
- Limitations in the law
- Constant change in the way of playing the game
- Pinball roulette
- This is played at 888 casinos. It does not consist of a roulette wheel instead the number is chosen using a pinball machine.
- Multi wheel roulette
- This is for experienced players only; it features eight roulette wheels instead of one.
- Three wheeled roulette
- This is an extremely innovative type of roulette. It contains of one inner wheel along with three outer wheels hence comprising of three different winning combinations. In this, the bets are eventually tripled.